Mizan Therapy For Women
Mizan Therapy – traditional reproductive healing. Mizan (pronounced like Milan) is an Arabic word that means balance. By using traditional reproductive healing techniques, Mizan Therapists seek to restore balance when life feels unbalanced – physically, emotionally or spiritually.
“There is no other organ quite like the uterus. If men had such an organ they would brag about it. So should we” – Ina May Gaskin
Do you suffer from menstrual pain? Is it difficult to have a smear test? Are you struggling with fertility issues? Do you have PCOS? Do you have digestive problems, or IBS? Are your menopausal symptoms embarrassing? Have you had any abdominal surgery, including caesarean section? Are you pregnant or just had a baby?
Mizan Therapy can help with any of these – and many more!
Mizan uses traditional healing techniques to address conditions involving reproductive organs, the digestive system and emotional health. These techniques are commonly used in India and further east for optimising women’s health. It is a gentle, external massage that brings healing to the womb space and optimum health and well-being to women on both physical and emotional levels.
Benefits of Mizan Therapy:
- Mizan increases the circulation to reproductive organs, i.e. the uterus, the ovaries and the fallopian tubes, which helps to promote hormonal balance
- It helps to reposition a misaligned uterus, which itself helps to increase circulation of blood, lymph, nervous system and qi
- Cleanses the body of any toxic build up from congested circulatory systems
- Helps to break down scar tissue
- Aids the digestive system to be more efficient which then removes and prevents toxic build up in the body and enhances the immune system
- Helps women to connect with their wombspace
Benefits of Mizan Therapy for specific conditions
- Repositions the uterus
- Balances the hormonal system
- Enables the uterus to cleanse herself of old blood, including clots
- Increases blood circulation to the uterus
- Reduces toxicity and inflamed tissues, which eases pain
- Eases stress, anxiety and emotional trauma that can lead to irregular cycles
Fibroids, polyps, endometriosis:
- Repositions the uterus, making menstruation more efficient
- Promotes hormonal balance and feedback between the uterus and ovaries
- Encourages rich, oxygenated blood to the reproductive organs
- Breaks down scar tissue and adhesions
- Strengthens the liver to enhance metabolism of hormones
- Rebalances the hormonal system and helps the feedback system between the reproductive organs
- Clears congestion
- Brings rich, oxygenated blood to the ovaries
- Helps to reduce inflammation
- Can break up scar tissue within the fallopian tubes
- Can eliminate fluid build up in the fallopian tubes
Egg and sperm health:
- Brings rich, oxygenated blood to the ovaries and testes
- Can increase the quality and quantity of sperm
- Can increase libido
- A relaxed diaphragm helps the digestion of food
- Helps speed up the elimination of waste through the digestive system
- Releases trapped wind and bloating
- Promotes bowel movements to eliminate waste and prevent the body from re-absorbing toxins means for elimination
- Eases stress for a more relaxed digestive system
- Helps to increase confidence in intuition – that gut feeling
- Helps the body to let go of past trauma
- Eases stress and anxiety
Supporting your fertility
Mizan Therapy is a great way to support your fertility on the journey to pregnancy and birth.
Fertility depends on a series of processes working in the correct sequence and in conjunction with each other. Hormones must be released at the right time of the cycle, in the correct amounts; the uterine membrane must grow thick and healthy to nourish an ovum and the vaginal pH must allow the sperm through without being weakened by acidity.
If your womb is tilted then it is more likely that there will be a disruption to the delicate balance of hormones and the body’s organs working in unison. This communication breakdown may be the cause of anovulatory cycles; premature menopause; PCOS or fibroids.
Sometimes the congestion caused by a tilted uterus can result in the blood stream becoming toxic, or too much strain on the lymphatic system to eliminate waste.
Mizan helps to realign the womb which will increase blood flow, nourishing and restoring your reproductive organs to health, improving detoxification, relieving congestion and removing emotional blockages. This will give your body the best chance to conceive and nurture a growing baby.
Since it takes 12 weeks for an egg to achieve maturity, it is best to undertake treatment for three months before trying to conceive. The strongest treatment is possible if you use contraception for these three months, but I understand that there are many reasons why you may not want to wait, so I have designed two protocols: a three month pre-conception programme, and a programme for trying to conceive whilst undergoing treatment.
Mizan is also beneficial for you if you are undergoing assisted conception and will improve your chance of a successful outcome.